Katabatic Gear set out to design the most functional and ultralight bivy on the market. Our Bristlecone Bivy protects your sleeping bag from spray and mist with its waterproof floor and a water resistant upper. It is lightweight, highly breathable, and easy to use, making it an ideal backpacking bivy.
Some of the features that we think you’ll love:
- Generous sizing means the standard width fits a full length, 20 inch wide air mattress, and a lofty 3+ season bag. Our wide size will fit a 25 inch wide air mattress, such as Therm-A-Rest® NeoAir™ Large, and more lofty winter sleeping bags.
- Large mesh panel over your head and face provides excellent ventilation.
- Extra long YKK #3 zipper with dual zipper pulls allows easy entry and exit.
- Highly breathable and water resistant Pertex Quantum upper is treated with a long lasting DWR coating that outperforms and outlasts most other DWR treatments.
- Lightweight and resilient, the waterproof CORDURA® silnylon floor features a silicone coating that impregnates the fabric, creating a waterproof fabric that will absorb little moisture, making it ideal for use in this ultralight bivy.
- Reduced seams in the bathtub style floor for increased weather resistance.
- Elastic hang loop suspends the mesh panel above your face.
- Full bug protection keeps the creepy crawlies at bay.
- Durable loops in the corners facilitate drying or allow for staking.
- Sleeping pad attachment rings help keep your sleeping pad in place.
- The pad attachment rings in our bivys line up with the Cord Clip locations on our ultralight sleeping bags, so the two can be fully integrated. You can tie your pad into your bivy, and simply clip your sleeping bag onto the same cords. In the morning, you can pack your sleeping pad and bivy into your backpack together, and save a step later that night.