"PROS: With exceptional versatility and comfort, the Flex Quilt was our favorite blanket. CONS: None! This thing is awesome!" - PCTOregon.com
THE BEST ULTRALIGHT SLEEP SYSTEM FOR A THRU-HIKE
Whether you are looking to reduce pack weight, or increase the versatility of your sleep system, the Flex is the most thoughtfully designed ultralight down quilt available. This adaptable blanket style sleeping bag can be securely closed to block out the cold night air, or completely opened to let in the summer breezes, with countless options in between. This makes it perfect for thru-hikers and folks who need one bag to cover many temperatures comfortably. Our attention to detail and countless nights of field testing have created an ultralight outdoor quilt that alleviates any concerns you’ve had about quilt style sleeping bags:
- Patented pad attachment system attaches your quilt to the top of your sleeping pad, keeping it in place, even if you toss and turn. This versatile system allows you to sleep comfortably in a wide range of temperatures.
- Down filled baffle at the foot box closure to seal the cold air out, as opposed to a drafty hole left by a drawstring.
- Down filled collar is like a built in scarf, so you’ll have a cozy draft seal instead of an awkward drawstring at the neck.
- Differential cut throughout the quilt means the liner fabric has a smaller circumference than the shell fabric. Therefore, a jutting knee or elbow won’t lead to cold spots, and you can sleep comfortably.
- Continuous horizontal baffles allow you to move the insulation, and dial in the perfect amount of warmth for varying conditions. Our baffles are generously filled to prevent unintended down migration in the middle of the night.
- Highest quality Pertex Quantum Y Eco ultralight fabrics, with industry leading DWR (Durable Water Repellent), made from recycled yarns.
- RDS (Responsible Down Standard) Certified, ethically sourced down from Allied Feather and Down ensure warmth without extra weight. Choose from 900 f.p. Elite goose down (untreated or HyperDry), or 850 f.p. HyperDry water resistant duck down. All of our ultralight backpacking quilts come with a Track My Down tag, so you can make sure that the down in your specific sleeping bag meets your high standards. Click here for an example report from a recent lot of our 900 f.p.
We think you’ll find these features make the quilts in our Flex series the best ultralight down quilt you can find.