We don’t think that ultralight backpackers should have to sacrifice comfort or function when choosing ultralight gear. We didn’t just remove unnecessary weight, but thoughtfully designed the ultimate ultralight down sleeping bag with features that will keep you warm and comfortable:
- Five comfort-rated temperature choices, ranging from 40°F to 5°F, weighing in from 14.6 oz. to 28.9 oz. in the regular size. Yes, that’s a 5°F sleeping bag under two pounds. The 30°F is just over one pound.
- Our patented attachment system is versatile, and the most effective on the market. It attaches your quilt to the top of your sleeping pad, minimizing heat-sapping dead-air space around your body. The Elite series features secondary attachment points for even more draft protection for active sleepers or windy nights. If you’re sleeping without a pad (i.e. hammock camping), we send alternative straps to keep out the cold. See our product manual for more information.
- Mummy shaping will fit your shape efficiently without feeling too constrictive. This maximizes your comfort and minimizes the weight of the bag.
- Differential cut throughout the quilt means the liner fabric has a smaller circumference than the shell fabric. Therefore, a jutting knee or elbow won’t lead to cold spots, and you can sleep comfortably.
- Continuous horizontal baffles are a benefit when they are properly filled. The goose down won’t migrate from tossing and turning, but you can redistribute the down with your hands for warm or cold conditions.
- Down filled collar will make sure heat does not escape, and is much cozier than a nylon wrapped drawcord.
- Trapezoidal foot box naturally mimics the direction of your feet when sleeping on your back, avoiding down compression and cold toes.
- Highest quality lightweight Pertex Quantum Y and Endurance fabrics, with industry leading DWR.
- Ethically sourced, RDS Certified goose down from Allied Feather and Down provides the most effective warmth to weight ratio. Choose from 900 f.p. goose down, or 850 f.p. HyperDry water resistant goose down. All of our down backpacking quilts come with a Track My Down tag, so you can verify that the down in your specific ultralight sleeping bag is only the best. Click here for an example report from a recent lot of our 900 f.p.
All this adds up to award winning design and comfort. This series of down backpacking quilts is the home of the reigning champ “Editor’s Choice” of OutdoorGearLab’s Best Ultralight Sleeping Bag reviews since 2011, as well as BackpackingLight.com’s “Highly Recommended” status. We hope you’ll agree.